ACVH may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
The types of information we collect
We collect personally identifiable information, like names, companies, postal addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, driving licence details when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. The information you provide is used to fulfill your specific request, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner, for example to add you to one of our mailing lists. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
How we may use the information collected
We use this information to understand your needs and fulfill your request, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To provide you with information in answer to a question you have asked.
- To process/administer all enquiries regarding the rental of a car/van to you. Any personal information will be kept indefinitely to allow an easier booking process should you book with us again. On request, we will delete any personal details (except name) on request (details will be kept minimum 6 months after booking has taken place). We will keep your name, which we will keep indefinitely, as a record of the booking and for accounts purposes.
- Should you enter into a rental agreement with our partner agency Europcar, your details will be passed securely to them. We will gain your consent before passing your contact details on.
- We are legally required to hold some personal information to fulfil statutory obligations, for example booking records for accounts.
- If you send any content that we believe to be inappropriate or content in breach of any laws, such as defamatory content, we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your internet provider or law enforcement agencies.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- You have the ‘right to be forgotten’ whereby we will remove all personal information we hold on you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with this request.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. We will only pass on personal information when required to fulfil our contact, or when we are required by law to do so.
If you believe that the information we hold on you is incorrect, please email email@example.com and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Credit/debit card details are only kept while your car hire is live, this is to enable us to process any payment from the security damages wavier. Details are kept locked in the safe and shredded after the hire has ended.
Website/Paper files/computer files/mailing list
The ACVH website is hosted by SiteHQ based in the UK. All paper files are kept in a locked filing cabinet. Our computer files are all accessed by password protected computers. Should you enter into a hire of one of our cars, ACVH uses a database hosted by Prohire. It is based in the UK and has confirmed security/encryption of their data centres, access and client records.
If you have any questions about this policy or would like to see the information we hold about you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with “Data Protection” in the subject line, or write to ACVH, Station Square, Aviemore, Inverness-shire, PH22 1PD.
You must first provide proof of identification before any information will be shared with you or removed.